1. Clarification Notice – applications under the REFIT Schemes. While the closing date for REFIT schemes remains as 4pm on 31 December 2015, in response to a number of queries regarding the status of REFIT applications but which do not include a copy of full planning permission and/or a grid connection offer or agreement, DCENR has issued […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud demoirbea2015 contributed a whooping 266 entries.
Entries by demoirbea2015
1. Summary notes of Bioenergy Plan Stakeholder Meeting with DCENR 24 Nov 2015. About 40 industry stakeholders, including many IrBEA members, attended a stakeholder consultation session on the drafting of the Bioenergy Plan. The meeting was chaired by Brian Carroll, Principal Officer, DCENR. Joining him at the top table were Cathy O’Connor (DCENR), Frank Groome (DCENR/Eirgrid) […]
1. Complimentary Tickets to the Irish National Sustainability Summit – 3 Nov. IrBEA members are offered complimentary delegate passes to the National Sustainability Summit on the 3rd November in the Aviva Stadium, Dublin. You simply need to register online for a delegate badge. In essence The National Sustainability Summit consists of 9 events in one, […]
1. DoE request for input on revisions to EU Emissions Trading Scheme. In July 2015, the European Commission introduced a legislative proposal to revise the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) for the period after the year 2020. The proposal forms part of the process of delivering on the EU’s target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions […]
1. Grid connections becoming tighter. There is an unprecedented level of interest in solar photovoltaic projects, and a high volume of connection applications to ESB Networks at present. This is creating serious constraints for other renewable generators who may experience long delays and high costs if they come after other applicants in the same area. IrBEA has […]
This submission for DCENR’s RHI technology review consultation, jointly developed by Cré and IrBEA, is focused on anaerobic digestion. The paper includes a short introductory section on AD – the policy changes required, benefits, and supporting documentation – followed by responses to the 40 specific questions in the consultation. The submitted document can be downloaded here
1. Jobs notice – Action Renewables. Two job opportunities have just been advertised by Action Renewables, an IrBEA member based in Belfast. Action Renewables supports commercial renewable energy development, develops and supports European Projects, trades Renewable Energy Certificates, and offers quality assurance to the renewable energy industry.
Biomethane is a mature technology that can significantly reduce Europe’s dependency on natural gas” was the main message of the 2nd Conference of the European Biogas Association in the Netherlands. DGs for Energy, Transport and Agriculture confirm that in the next decades there is no way to achieve renewable energy targets without biogas.
Thousands of jobs, cheap heating/electricity, and achieving renewables targets – politicians hear how to create the conditions to achieve these goals at IrBEA-Cré ‘Biogas Manifesto’ launch
Here is the link to our newsletter October 2015